Born in Nashville, Tennessee on March 3, 1956
Departed on February 7, 2017 and resided in Nashville, Tennessee
- Visitation: Harpeth Hills Funeral Home Gardens Room: Stateroom A
- Friday February 10, 2017 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Saturday February 11, 2017 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
- Life Celebration: Harpeth Hills Funeral Home & Cremation Center Room: Chapel
- Saturday February 11, 2017 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm
- Interment: Harpeth Hills Funeral Home & Cremation Center
- Saturday February 11, 2017 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm
Robert A. “Tony” Smith – Age 60, of Nashville, passed away February 7, 2017.
Tony was also known as Big Tony or Big Bird by those that had the honor to know him. He was always a happy person who would give anyone the shirt off his back if they needed it. He was also known to be a wonderful man that cared for his family. He was a lover of nature and all things with the water. He worked as a dedicated and extremely gifted welder for 32 at Hunter Marina. He was a bear of man that was only matched by the size of his heart. He is gone, only from our sight, but never forgotten.
Preceded in death by his mother, Cora S. Meadows; father, Cecil J. Smith; sisters, Edna Craft, Darlene Baxley and LaVona Williams. Survived by his siblings, Loretta Harrington (Sammie), Terry Forsythe, Ronny Forsythe (Caseyi), Tommy Smith (Randy), Renota Meadows (Edwin Jesperson, Fiancé) and Tammy Y. Davis (Dale); several nieces, Nephews and extended family members.
A Life Celebration will be held 2:30pm, Saturday February 11th with burial to follow at Harpeth Hills Memory Gardens. Visitation will be 3:00 pm -8:00 pm, Friday and 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm, Saturday at Harpeth Hills Funeral Home, 9090 Hwy 100, Nashville, TN, 37221 harpethhills.com, 615-646-9292.